Case Study: Maia Energy Helps Major Housing Charity Achieve SECR Compliance
Our client is a major housing charity that provides support and housing to vulnerable mothers and children who have experienced domestic violence. As part of their commitment to sustainability, they wanted to ensure that they were complying with the Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) regulations. They enlisted the help of Maia Energy to establish the number of properties to be reported on the SECR reporting period, to calculate energy consumption, and to create a bespoke report that could be filed for those properties.
Our client had a goal to comply with the SECR regulations and demonstrate their commitment to sustainability.
To achieve the client's goal, Maia Energy conducted a thorough review of the client's energy use, taking into account meter data invoices and annual statements. For properties where energy consumption data was not available, Maia Energy used extrapolation and benchmarking to estimate consumption. They then calculated the gross annual quantity of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and transport using government emission factors. To arrive at a figure for tonnes CO2e per occupant, they calculated an emissions intensity ratio using property occupancy.
Maia Energy also provided advice on actions that could be taken to improve energy efficiency, such as the installation of more energy-efficient lighting or the replacement of old, inefficient heating systems.
- Prompt and precise SECR report that allowed our client to comply with energy legislation requirements and demonstrate their commitment to sustainability
- Identification of areas of efficiency and wastage, enabling the client to target energy consumption and reduce energy expenses
- Accurate bills and the ability to easily check supplier invoices, saving the client time and money
- Detailed information on GHG emissions and energy consumption, allowing the client to make informed decisions on how to improve energy efficiency and reduce their carbon footprint
- Advice provided by Maia Energy on actions that could be taken to improve energy efficiency, allowing the client to take steps towards reducing their carbon footprint
- Timely identification of faults with an electricity meter, enabling quick and easy remedy by the supplier and saving the client from unnecessary energy expenses
Maia Energy's expertise in energy management, compliance, and reporting allowed our client to achieve their goal of SECR compliance while improving energy efficiency and reducing energy expenses.
Our tailored approach, consultation, and advice ensured that the client received an accurate SECR report that met their requirements and helped them achieve their sustainability goals. The result was a reliable and timely SECR report that was submitted without any disruption to the client's core activities.
Contact us today if you need assistance with SECR compliance or managing your energy use and emissions, our team at Maia Energy can help. to learn more about our services and how we can support your sustainability goals.
SECR report delivered in agreed timescales
SECR report fully compliant